Excess is an amount of money you pay to your insurance company when you lodge a claim. Excess has to be paid upfront, whether you’re at fault or not. However, we’ll refund your excess if:
- we determine that you were not at fault, and
- you provide us with the name and address of who was at fault, and the rego number of the vehicle(s) involved.
It's is unlikely we'll refund your excess if:
- the weather, or other natural event caused the damage, or
- you hit an animal (e.g. kangaroo), or
- you cannot provide details of the at fault person/vehicle, or
- you were at fault
Check how much your excess will be by logging onto Manage your policy.
Or click here for more information about excesses.