Excess is an amount of money you pay to your insurance company when you lodge a claim. Excess has to be paid upfront, whether you’re at fault or not. However, we’ll refund your excess if:
- we determine that you were not at fault, and
- we can identify the person who was at fault
We won’t refund your excess if:
- the weather, or other natural event caused the damage, or
- you hit an animal (e.g. kangaroo), or
- we couldn’t identify the person who caused the damage, or
- obviously, if you were at fault
Check how much your excess will by by logging onto Manage your policy.
Or click here for more information about excesses.