If you have a Comprehensive policy, and have exchanged details with the other driver, you have two options - either make your claim with the other person’s insurance company, or with us here at Bingle.
Here are some factors to consider when making your decision.
The excess free option
If you choose the other insurance company:
- they won’t charge you an excess
- they'll fix your car, and
- provide a hire car if you need one
The excess option
If you choose Bingle:
- we'll collect the excess at the time of lodgement, and
- we'll fix your car
- if you have the Keep Mobile option on your policy we’ll provide a hire car while yours is off the road
- we’ll refund the excess when we have identified the other person, and confirmed they were at fault
If I’m using the other insurer but I change my mind?
If they're causing delays, their customer service is poor, or for any reason at all, tell the other insurer you have changed your mind, and then click here to lodge the claim with us.
If you have a Bingle Third Party Property Damage policy you only have the option of going through the other insurer.