We won’t ask you to provide us with your VIN number at Bingle. Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is your vehicle’s 17-character identification number, often used to track recalls, registrations, warranty claims and theft. There are a few places you could find your VIN in your car, including:
- where the corner of the dashboard meets the windshield on the driver’s side
- on the door post (where the door latches when it’s closed) on the driver’s side
- at the front of the engine block (under your bonnet)
- at the front end of frame behind the driver’s side tyre, and
- inside the driver’s side door jamb (where the door connects to the body of the car).
If you’re still having trouble finding it, check your vehicle’s registration certificate or the owner’s manual, if you still have it. You can also call the dealership or the manufacturer, give them the make and model of your car and ask where the VIN could be located.