If you’re getting a quote with us and we can’t find your car, there are several potential reasons for this:
- Your car is imported or more than 35 years old – Bingle doesn’t offer insurance for these.
- Your car is brand new – sometimes it can take a few days for the plates to be registered with your state or territory’s road authority.
- You’ve mistyped your registration number. Watch out for O instead of 0, and I instead of 1!
- Your car is registered in a different state.
- Sometimes a vehicle purchased as an automatic will pop up under the ‘Other’ transmission option.
If you cannot find your vehicle by searching the registration, you do have the option to search for the car manually by inputting the description of the vehicle and selecting from the list there.
If the vehicle doesn’t appear at all, this may be because it falls outside our underwriting guidelines and we are unable to insure it. In this case, you may reach out to the Insurance Council of Australia for who to insure through.