In short, Bingle Comprehensive and Third Party Property Damage Car Insurance provides cover for insured vehicles that provide rideshare journeys through ride share or ride hail apps such as Uber, Ola, Lyft and GoCatch.
What is rideshare?
Rideshare is when you use your car to provide trips or journeys to passengers for a fee. These passengers have used a ridesharing platform (such as Uber, Ola, DiDi) to request the lift directly with you.
What isn’t rideshare?
Some examples of what we don’t consider ridesharing include::
- a food and courier delivery service - even if booked via an app e.g. Uber Eats
- a hire car - where it is hired out or rented to another driver or third party
- where you hire out to others to use for rideshare or private purposes
- a fleet vehicles - rented from fleet owned by companies e.g. Flexicar, GoGet, etc.
- a taxi, or
- a chauffeur service
If your vehicle is used for any of the above purposes or does not match the description of ridesharing provided in the PDS, Bingle is unfortunately unable to provide cover for your vehicle if an incident occurs. If you get a policy with us and lodge a claim while using your vehicle for the above purposes, you will not be covered. You can visit the Insurance Council of Australia’s ‘Find an insurer’ referral service at www.findaninsurer.com.au to seek cover which may be more suitable to your needs.
I need cover for rideshare
If you’re getting a quote with us, and use your car for ridesharing, make sure you select the rideshare box when we ask you about your ‘Car usage’.
You can update your policy to include rideshare :
- Log in and select ‘View and update my policy’
- Click ‘Update my policy’ from the sidebar menu
- In the ‘My car’ section, click ‘Car usage’
- From there, select ‘Rideshare’
It’s important to note that this may affect your premium.
Insurance issued by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as Bingle Insurance. Read the Product Disclosure Statement before buying this insurance. Go to bingle.com.au for a copy. Target Market Determination also available. This advice has been prepared without taking into account your particular objectives, financial situation or needs, so you should consider whether it is appropriate for you before acting on it.