Do you cover Learner Drivers?

We’ve all got to start somewhere. So we’ll happily cover you if a learner driver’s behind the wheel as long as there’s a fully licensed driver (who’s listed on the policy) in the passenger seat, and it isn’t a paid lesson. No extra premium is needed, and the L-plater doesn’t need to be listed on your policy either.

If you get into a Bingle while a learner is driving, don’t worry. They’ll be treated just like a listed driver, with the excess that applies to their age needing to be paid.

Once they’re on their Ps, you should list them as a driver on your policy – otherwise the unlisted driver excess will need to be paid if they have an accident.

Have more questions? Submit a request

Powered by Zendesk