If your policy is up for renewal, there are some things you do via Bingle Self Service to help you potentially save on your premium:
Increasing your standard excess
By increasing your standard excess, you’ll usually pay less on your premium. However, this means you’ll have to pay more come claim time. Usually the higher the excess, the higher the saving on your premium. To increase your standard excess:
- Log in to Bingle Self Service and click 'Renew my Policy'.
- On the renewal screen, you’ll then be able to customise your policy, including your standard excess amount.
- Select a new amount, and you'll see your new premium appear.
Removing listed drivers from your policy
If you have people listed on your policy other than yourself that don’t drive your car anymore, removing them from your policy could help you save on your premium.
If you’d like to add or remove listed drivers from your policy, follow this link and log in. If this does cause a change in your premium, your new premium will be displayed when you finish updating your policy.
Removing rideshare from your cover
If you’ve selected rideshare as part of your cover, and you’re not currently using it, removing it can help you save on your premium. To remove rideshare from your cover:
- Log in to your Bingle Self Service account and go to 'Update my policy'.
- Under 'My car', select 'Car usage' and remove rideshare.
You’ll see your new premium after you’ve updated your policy. If you do decide to switch back to rideshare driving, it’s important you update your cover to reflect this.
Removing Optional Extras from your policy
If you’ve purchased Optional Extras, like our Windscreen and Window Only Glass Cover or Keep Mobile hire car cover, and your policy is up for renewal, you can remove them through Bingle Self Service. Removing Optional Extras like these can help you save on your premium. Simply:
- Select ‘Renew my policy’, and then click through to the renewal page.
- De-select your optional extras and continue with your renewal.
Once you remove them and update your policy, you should then be able to see your new premium.