How much will my excess be?

To help you calculate how much excess you need to pay in the event of a claim we have created these tables.

When you lodge a claim with Bingle, you must pay the excess upfront. We'll refund the excess in full if we determine that you're not at fault, and we've identified the responsible party based on the information you've provided. 

If you have an accident that isn't your fault, you may with to lodge a claim with the responsible party's insurer for the damage to your car - if you do this, you wont have to pay the excess to lodge a claim with us. 

There may be multiple excesses payable on your claim

First off you need to know how much your Standard Excess is. This can be found on your Insurance Schedule, or by using this table below. The standard excess varies from state to state.  

This standard excess is the minimum amount that you will need to pay in the event of a claim. You may also be required to pay additional excesses based on who was driving the insured vehicle at the time of the accident. Full definitions of the additional excesses can be found in our Product Disclosure Statement and PED guide, as well as on your most recent Insurance Schedule.  An overview of the additional excesses that may apply to your claim can be found below.

The definition of Unlisted Household or Unlisted Driver excess is (Exert from the PDS):

An unlisted household member or unlisted regular driver excess also applies if a driver who was a household member or regular driver, and who was not a listed driver on your policy, was using your car at the time of the incident. This includes you. This excess will not apply to learner drivers as long as another driver listed on the policy is a passenger in your car.


Excess collection and refund

At Bingle we collect an excess for you to be able to lodge a claim. If you’re deemed not-at-fault and we can identify the responsible party, we refund your excess in full. This may take up to 20 working days from when you paid us your excess, depending on your claim details. If you’re currently having financial hardship, or have significant evidence that you’re not at fault, please contact the claims department who may make alternative arrangements for your claim.












Have more questions? Submit a request

Powered by Zendesk