1 - I’ve had an accident. How do I make a claim?
Simply click here and follow the prompts to lodge it online. We'll ask you to tell us about the accident and provide any names, addresses, phone numbers and registration details of any other drivers involved.
2 - Will I have to pay an excess?
Yes. Your excess is paid at the time of lodgement, via our secure payment system. Excess is payable at the time you lodge your claim on both at fault, and not at fault claims.
3 – What if I’m not at fault in the accident?
Option 1 - If you have a Comprehensive Policy, and you wish to lodge the claim with us, that means:
- excess will be paid at lodgement, and
- we'll fix your car.
- The details you gave us will be used to contact the other party, and
- excess will be refunded when we have determined that you, or the person using your car, were not at fault in causing the accident.
Option 2 - If the at fault driver lodges a claim with their own insurance company that means:
- you don’t have to make a claim with Bingle, and
- you won't have to pay any excess.
- The other company will fix your car, or pay you out if it’s a total loss.
- your Bingle claim history won’t be affected at renewal time.
What if the other person is at fault but won’t give me all their details?
Don’t worry. Give us whatever you can. We’ll try to get in touch with the other party using the details you have given us. Please be aware that this may cause a delay in your excess refund for these cases.
- HOT TIPS – Use your smart phone to photograph each other’s driving license and save contact numbers! Don’t forget to check the back of the license for any updated addresses.
- Type the other car’s registration number it into your phone if you don’t have a pen with you.
- Photograph the other car, showing the make, model, registration and damage sustained. It’ll help us to identify the other person, and refund your excess.
- VERY HOT TIP - Ask the other person to send you a text message - their mobile number will then be saved on your phone!
What if the other driver left the scene of the accident?
- HOT TIP – Use your smart phone to take a photograph of the car as it's driving away - the registration plate might be readable on the image.
4 - How do I get my car repaired if I can still drive it?
It's as easy as this. We, and our approved repairers will take care of everything for you. If we have all the information we need, (and your car is drivable), the repair bookings screen will come up at the end of the online claims process. On this page you can:
- Tell us your location
- Our nearest approved repairers will appear on your screen, and
- you can nominate a date and time to bring your car in for repair.
- The chosen repairer will receive your details, and they’ll be expecting you.
- You can also change your appointment online if you need to.
5 – And if I can’t drive my car and I need a tow?
Easy. We'll tow it to our nearest approved repairer straight away. Click here to find out how.
Please check out our tutorial video below to watch step by step on how to make a claim online: